Thursday, April 20, 2017

My future


  I always said my future would go either two ways, doing what I love to do as a career or homeless on the street begging for trash to eat. Gene Simmons once said "Once you give up on your dream, you're just waiting to die", well I sure as hell not planning on dying anytime soon. Within the span of a decade is hard to judge. For sure the next three years I’m going to be here at Ringling getting a film degree, just in time for Trump to leave office. Scary to think he might destroy the economy when I get out making living situations hard but hey look on the Brightside, America might’ve learned their lesson after this blunder. After I get my degree I would hopefully find someone here trustworthy enough to move out with and possibly go to LA. The goal is to be a director in Hollywood, It’s a pipe dream and I know it. I’m very much grounded in reality so I just know the quality of my work here has to be on par in order to have a chance. I do want to move as soon as I graduate, even if I’m poor as I am now. Delaying a moving situation is like delaying a wedding, It’ll eventually never happen if you don’t do it soon and I am not going to let myself be a guy who does local music videos all his life. After that it’s all up in arms. My friends and I have a theory that within this next decade we are going to have a creative resurgence of original content in movies again. You can see the fatigue of super hero films and constant nostalgia pandering already, by the time it’s 2027 I’m positive “Avengers 7” won’t be that astounding of a feat and people will want to hear new stories. It takes one bad apple to ruin a bunch. With that hopeful mindset in my head, I think I might have a chance with all my weird scripts about aliens, monsters and 60’s inspired adventure films could make a couple people happy. I’m not looking for mass success, I just want that one dork to see a movie I birthed and think to himself “this was made for me”. That’s the goal, that’s my hopeful future. Fingers crossed.

No comments:

Post a Comment